I. 269. Hungarian Forint coins were changed many times during the history. This was the topic of the database management task of the Hungarian matriculation exam in informatics in October 2010. The files erme.txt, tkod.txt, tervezo.txt, akod.txt and anyag.txt (downloadable from our homepage) contain data about the Forint coins since its introduction in 1946.
1. Create a new database named i269. Import the data tables into the database with names erme, tkod, tervezo, akod and anyag. The .txt files are UTF-8 encoded tabulator separated files and the field names are contained in the first lines.
2. After importing, the appropriate data formats and keys should be set.
You should solve the following tasks. When a query is answered, no other data only the requested results should appear. Queries should be saved as indicated in the parentheses.
3. List by a query the denominations and date of issue of the coins designed by István Bartos. (3Bartos)
4. List by a query in alphabetical order the names of metals contained in current coins. Each name should appear only once. (4femek)
5. List by a query the number of carriages would be needed to store the total metal amount to produce all the coins so far. One carriage can store up to 70 tons of metal. (5osszes)
6. List by a query how many kilograms of metal were used to produce the coin issued in the greatest number. The result should contain the denomination, the date of issue and a total mass in kilograms. (6tomeg)
7. List by a query the name(s) of the designer(s) involved in the production of the highest number of coins together with this number. (7muvesz)
8. Write a query to determine the types of withdrawn coins having designers with currently circulating coins. The list is ordered alphabetically according to the name of the designer and within that, increasing in denomination. (8regi)
9. Write a query to determine the date of withdrawal of the last coin containing aluminum. (9aluminium)
10. Since many people have nickel allergy, create a report or a query, if needed, to list those denominations together with the date of issue that are free of nickel. (10nikkel)
Your database (i269.odb, i269.mdb, ...) together with a short documentation (i269.txt, i269.pdf) - also describing the name and version number of the database application - should be submitted.
Downloadable files: erme.txt, tkod.txt, tervezo.txt, akod.txt és anyag.txt
Deadline expired on 10 June 2011.